It is no longer a secret that only good quality content can enhance brand awareness, boost customer loyalty and also generate more leads but at the same time, majority of the marketing managers are of the opinion that it is indeed tough to find good writers. Since companies need writers who can provide value to their website, do you think you should outsource your content to some professional content writing service or create an in-house team? Read on to know the comparison.
How much content does your business need?
In order to execute a successful marketing campaign, how much content would you actually need? While the answer would certainly vary from one company to another, one of the best places to start is by taking a look at the total amount of resources companies are employing for creation of content. As per a survey by The Content Marketing Institute, in 2017, most companies have set aside 35% of their entire marketing budget for content marketing.
Pros of outsourcing your content to professional writing services
- Convenience: Depending on the provider you use, you can leverage account management. There will be someone who will train writers, tackle them and also bring you feedbacks.
- Scaling ability: It takes a lot of practice and training to create meaningful content, especially when it is keyword-rich content. Since professional providers have large teams, outsourcing can be better for large-scale projects.
- Bigger perspective: The content writing services bring together a collective base of knowledge and several tactics that have already been tested. So, they know what works and what doesn’t.
- Expansive resources: When you seek help of a professional content writing service, you get access to a huge network of specialty writers. This won’t be possible with your in-house team.
- Work expertise: Quality is undoubtedly the biggest factors of success among the content writers. Since professional writers are experts in this, you can spare a lot of your business resources.
Pros of building an in-house team
- Better control: You as a manager will have better control over your team and you can talk to them in person whenever you want to. Direct interaction is one of the advantages.
- Experience in industry: A piece of content is of immense value when it is engaging, authoritative and informative at the same time. Since in-house writers have a narrow focus, they have deeper understandings of certain topics.
If you’re thinking of building an in-house team, you will have to suffer from internal bias as content might get too promotional. No matter you bring 1 or 10 writers, your productivity will be capped and you’ll also have to spend too much time in recruiting new talent and teaching them the basics of good content writing.
Moreover, due to the surging demand for specialists with varied skills like CSM, SEO and copywriting, hiring a professional content writing service is mostly a better option. You are guaranteed to see positive results by outsourcing your business content.